COVID-19 LPSI Statement
To Our Patients and Our Community:
As we watch the ever-changing events and challenges, we are facing unfold we want you to know that we are being extremely proactive in taking steps to ensure our patients, and staff are safe.
Our local, state, & specialty boards have banned all non-essential medical treatments in Lubbock (and some of our surrounding communities) to preserve protective medical supplies that may be needed in the fight of the COVID-19 virus.
The health and safety of our patients, family, staff and community are our number one priority. Out of an abundance of caution, we have canceled the recommended surgeries and procedures until we can proceed.
We are still here for you if you need anything and will continue to see emergency & essential patients in our clinic. If you have any questions about an upcoming appointment or would like to schedule a future appointment, please call us at 806.797.6398.
As for our Medspa, we are closed and will begin to see patients again on April 6th unless we are mandated otherwise. If you need a prescription refilled, have any questions or would like to make a future appointment please call our office.
If you do have an essential or emergency appointment, we are adhering to the guidelines set forth by the CDC, the Texas Department of Health Services & our Local Health Department and you will be pre-screened for COVID-19:
- ALL patients are being pre-screened by phone & when they enter our building.
- Patients will be asked to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire & have their temperatures taken at every appointment.
- We are asking that our patients come to their appointments alone unless you need assistance. If you are having surgery, one visitor is allowed.
- No children are allowed under the age of 18, unless they are the patient.
- If you have ANY flu like symptoms or have traveled to ANY highly affected area, please reschedule your appointment.
- Anyone that has traveled outside of the United States is being asked to reschedule their appointments.
Please know that we take this very seriously and are taking every means necessary NOT expose patients or staff to anyone who meets COVID-19 at risk criteria. The results of your pre-screening protocols may result in your appointment being rescheduled. We ask for your patience and understanding if we request that you be moved to another date/time.
This is a time to take a deep breath and not panic as we will get through this time of uncertainty and resume to “normal” life soon. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will notify you should any changes in our operations be necessary. Stay well and stay positive!
Please contact us directly at 806.797.6398 or by email at [email protected] if you have ANY questions. We are here for you!
Lubbock Plastic Surgery Institute
Dr. Schmid, Dr. Mooty & Staff